Many of the locations we represent are exclusively represented by us, in other words
they are not on the books of other location libraries. Such a decision is entirely yours, and
may be influenced by the type of location you have. If your location is "ordinary" (is there such a thing?)
you may decide to get it seen by as many potential clients as possible by registering it with many libraries
(see our links page for a listing of
film commissions in the UK and abroad).
If, on the other hand, your location is likely to generate a lot of interest from film
companies, advertising agencies, etc., we recommend that you consider applying to be exclusive with
us. The advantages are as follows:
- If you are accepted, we will charge you smaller commission instead of our standard 20%.
This is because, as we have accepted you as exclusive, we anticipate you will get a lot of bookings.
- If appropriate, one of our professional location photographers will photograph your location
specifically with a view to promoting its use as a location. This service is charged at a greatly reduced rate,
and you may have copies of the images for your own use.
- We will ensure the location pictures feature prominently in our website, i.e. high in the categories and for keyword search.
(The Location Works web library is the largest and most comprehensive in the UK - and the most widely used - so being
represented at all on our site is a guarantee that your location will be considered by top
decision-makers within the industry. Exclusively-represented properties are ensured a higher
position within our category pages, increasing your profile.)
- We will send a "mailshot" using our extensive database of top professionals in the feature film industry,
and to advertising agencies, television companies and photographers.
- A member of our team of location co-ordinators may personally visit the site so that they are familiar
with what is available, and any restrictions or limitations which may exist.
- While hiring your space as a location may generate income, it is unlikely to be your primary business -
and your time is precious. With exclusive representation you will have one point of contact to run your
location "diary" for you, giving a clear view on what's happening and when.
- Contractual matters will be handled by our full-time staff of location co-ordinators. We have years of
experience handling the most complex of shoots in the most sensitive of locations, and so can considerably
ease the process for you. Our staff's knowledge of your site and its special requirements can avoid the many
pitfalls that can arise.
- We will be polite but firm about your pricing structure. Since we handle so many shoots per annum, we
know the right price for the job and will negotiate the best possible price on your behalf.
- You will have access to your own personal stats page, where you can keep track of the number of
"hits" your location has received.
Only selected locations qualify for this service:
please get in touch if you'd like to discuss this further.